Old 04-06-2009, 04:18 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Galen Hekhuis Galen Hekhuis is offline

Default Duckweed control

On Thu, 4 Jun 2009 10:06:16 EDT, Jim and Phyllis
wrote:

As i think about it, grass carp is an interesting idea. Our acre pond
has two in it. They keep it free of algae...and other green things as
well. Last year, they were 6-8" long. This year, they are 30" long!
How big did you say your pond was?

It's about 1/4 acre I think, it's kinda hard to get a handle on the
exact surface area because the pond is shaped kinda like New
Hampshire, it isn't a triangle and it isn't a rectangle either.