Old 12-06-2009, 08:35 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Muddymike Muddymike is offline

Default Well Well an update

My garden well project is nearly complete. Take a look at
http://share.ovi.com/media/Muddymike...uddymike.10612
It shows my take on getting cheap water from the old well I uncovered in the
back yard. Apart from a £12 length of underground pipe and a few fittings it
was mostly put together from bits removed during work on the house or left
over from other jobs. The pump itself was an Ebay bargain and works
surprisingly well.

I now use the well water for all garden watering, car washing, pressure
washing, etc. at a cost of 2p in electricity to pump a cubic meter of water
compared to the £2.31 Yorkshire water charge through the water meter.

Mike