Old 12-06-2009, 09:35 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
K Barrett K Barrett is offline

Default AT&T Usenet Netnews Service Shutting Down

wrote in message
On Thu, 11 Jun 2009 08:29:20 -0700 in
K Barrett
wrote:

Some of the ning network forums look interesting. Here's one on crime
fiction that's active. People post music, podcasts all sorts of stuff.
http://crimespace.ning.com/

Ah, a shining example of a forum web app I don't like.
[snip]

Jeze Chris, tells us what you really think, LOL! IMHO *all* present day
forums have this same inability to see the most recent posts and
rinse/lather/repeat. That's why I don't participate in them, no matter
who's there or what they're saying. Not teh AOS, OrchidBoard, google groups
or even crimespace (the one I referenced). I show up there occasionally but
really, its a lot of blather. But aren't we all? *G*. I just thought it
was sorta neat to be able to post music etc. shrug. Like we did a CSNJC
iMix on iTunes - not that I expect *anyone* to actually *buy* the dang
thing, but just so you can see what sort of music we listen to.... simple
pleasures for simple minds.....*G*