Old 13-06-2009, 12:56 PM posted to rec.gardens
George.com George.com is offline

Default Collecting autumn leaves & council spraying weeds in gutter

A workmate is putting together some raised vege gardens so I have been
collecting leaf fall for her around the frosts and thunder storms.

On my way to work a couple of days ago I watched a council worker spraying
weeds along the gutters. He went along spraying whatever was there,
including a big pile of leaves. I shook my head. The start of winter and a
few days after heavy frosts, things won't be growing prolificly. Later that
day we got rain. The next day a street sweeping truck came along and swept
all the gutters clean. A waste of time spraying I thought.

rob