Old 13-06-2009, 10:07 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Coriander

On Jun 6, 3:01*pm, "Bioboffin" wrote:
"dido22" wrote in message

Hello,

I grow coriander in a pot on the window-ledge & it does fine there.

It is starting to produce little flowers. Should I leave them on? or
should I remove them to encourage growth?. *I assume I can eat them OK?

Thanks

If you leave them, they should produce seeds, which are also useful in
cooking. However you can save them, and sow them next year.

I grow coriander in the garden - last year I bought a plant in a garden
centre, but this year about 6 plants have grown from the seeds which fell
off last year's plant. I currently have massive 80cm tall coriander plants
which are beginning to flower too.

--

John

John, how would you use that amount of Coriander? I have lettuce
growing, enough to feed the 5,000 and I have no idea how to use the
majority of it; although I eat a green salad every day. Maybe I
should go into the cooking group and ask for recipes; although lettuce
soup is awful.

Judith

Judith