Old 13-06-2009, 12:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Coriander

On Jun 13, 10:13*am, Martin wrote:
On Sat, 13 Jun 2009 02:07:41 -0700 (PDT), Judith in France

wrote:
On Jun 6, 3:01*pm, "Bioboffin" wrote:
"dido22" wrote in message

Hello,

I grow coriander in a pot on the window-ledge & it does fine there.

It is starting to produce little flowers. Should I leave them on? or
should I remove them to encourage growth?. *I assume I can eat them OK?

Thanks

If you leave them, they should produce seeds, which are also useful in
cooking. However you can save them, and sow them next year.

I grow coriander in the garden - last year I bought a plant in a garden
centre, but this year about 6 plants have grown from the seeds which fell
off last year's plant. I currently have massive 80cm tall coriander plants
which are beginning to flower too.

--

John

John, how would you use that amount of Coriander? *I have lettuce
growing, enough to feed the 5,000 and I have no idea how to use the
majority of it; although I eat a green salad every day. *Maybe I
should go into the cooking group and ask for recipes; although lettuce
soup is awful.

Breed rabbits and feed them the lettuce
--

Martin

Oh no Martin, they breed rabbits for the table here and neighbours
keep offering me one, they ask me to select it when still alive!!!!!
The first time my neighbour offered me one, I said "oh dear; you mean
you'll kill it?" she replied "well, you can't eat it alive"! I don't
like rabbit at all.

Judith