Old 13-06-2009, 02:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Robert \(Plymouth\)[_290_] Robert \(Plymouth\)[_290_] is offline

Default Runners beans failed

"Judith in France" wrote in message
I had some runner beans which I brough from England. Only 2 have
germinated, I dug down and the rest have all rotted away! I bought
some French runner beans here yesterday, put them on wet kitchen roll
and I will leave them like that until they germinate and then plant,
has anyone else had a failure this year?

Judith

We always sow runner beans in pots outside and transplant them as some
little bugs always eat the seed in the ground. Transplanting is reasonably
quick and almost 100% effective, wind and slugs causing a minimal loss.

www.rraa.moonfruit.com