Old 13-06-2009, 04:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Muddymike Muddymike is offline

Default Well Well an update

"Judith in France" wrote in message
On May 1, 4:13 pm, "Muddymike" wrote:

Wow, what a feat. We have something similar in our well, so I would
guestimate around 1870. We use the water for gardening; it's
obviously a source as it never runs out despite heavy use. I feel I
have been on a journey with you since you left Norfolk and started
your garden, remember the hidden path you found? I do look at the
progress and wonder what you will do next, well done Mike.

It will be 5 years this Sept since we moved here. I don't think the old
place has any more hidden surprises for us, but then again I didn't expect
to find a 45ft deep well a few months ago!!
We are able to enjoy the garden more now that we have beaten most of it into
submission. Its still vast though, many areas will remain wild, as we just
don't have the time to do any more at present. So who knows what we may find
when we get around to taming another hidden corner.

Mike