Old 13-06-2009, 07:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default A bucket of salty slugs and snails

--
..
"Yellow" wrote in message
Sheila ] said:

"Yellow" wrote in message
After taking some advice, I have been popping today's collection of
slugs and snails, collected while weeding, into a bucket of salty water
to kill them.

But now what?

A silly question perhaps but what do people do with the resultant
carnage? Pour it down the drain?

compost heap?

I do not have a compost heap. Unfortunately I do not have the room nor
do I have the waste to put on it as I have a relatively small garden
with no grass.

Just a couple beds and lots of pots. :-)

bury them!

It is the saltiness of the water rather than the bodies that is causing
me concern - would it be ok to pour that on to my garden?

Garden Path?
Car Hardstanding?
Road?

Let the birds pick at them. This is the alternative we do for the odd few.

Mike