Old 13-06-2009, 08:05 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Snake prevention

On Sat, 13 Jun 2009 08:34:07 EDT, "Pat"
wrote:

Pardon my ignorance but why would I want to keep snakes away from my pond?

Some do eat fish, frogs & tadpoles, some are poisonous to people.

In the case of the lady my husband knows, she's terrified of all snakes,
doesn't have a pond, but doesn't want any snake in her yard. I believe she
is in a newer subdivision bordering the desert, so she's probably seen
mostly bull snakes and maybe rattlers, before she went with her
mothballs-in-a-can snake prevention. If it works for her... better than
killing them, imo. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us