Old 14-06-2009, 01:04 AM posted to rec.gardens
Johnny Borborigmi[_2_] Johnny Borborigmi[_2_] is offline

Default Stinky

On Jun 12, 9:07*am, Boron Elgar wrote:
On Thu, 11 Jun 2009 15:25:13 -0700 (PDT), Higgs Boson

wrote:
Anybody who lives in the LA area & hasn't heard about "Stinky",
contact the Huntington. *Stinky
is a giant flower - supposed to be largest in the world -- which
blooms only every few years. Smell
is supposed to be, uh, unbelievable. *They're waiting for bloom
opening, any day now. Caused a huge sensation last time it opened; hit
all the media. *So I hope to fight my way through the crowds when word
comes that it's opened.

Titan arum?

http://mgonline.com/media/Images/s/stinky01.jpg

Boron

Yup, I got several Amorphophallus konjacs this spring. 2 of them are
4+ pounders!