Old 14-06-2009, 03:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Runners beans failed

wrote:

Hysterical and ignorant people may be, but why should adders be a
problem? They are VERY non-aggressive, and you are more likely to
die from a bee-sting (or misguided tratment after an adder bite)
than an adder bite.

To be honest I've never encountered a poisonous snake and have no desire
to meet one, especially in a confrontational manner. We were warned to
take care when moving things off the ground such as tin sheets etc and
to give them a kick first and take care lifting them so as not to
startle an adder with probing fingers!

I was severely stung by wasps as a child, countless stings, so I'm wary
of such things. I suspect I may also have a bad reaction to wasp stings
now anyway. As for adders - they get my respect - at a distance.

--
David in Normandy.

by a filter and not reach my inbox.