Old 14-06-2009, 05:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
mogga mogga is offline

Default Most stupid thing to do?

On Sun, 14 Jun 2009 18:06:14 +0200, David in Normandy
wrote:

mogga wrote:
Fellow allotmenter gave me some seaweed stuff diluted ready to go on
the plants. Just spray it on he says.

Suspect the container I put the seaweed spray in wasn't really
clean...
hmmm... got some very dead looking potato plants and runner beans.
hmmmmm

Sounds like the old seaweed and glyphosate special. Ouch! You don't
think he did it on purpose do you? There are some strange people about.
While most gardeners tend to be mutually supportive, or even a little
competitive, some can take things a little too far.

Nah I mostly suspect it was already in my plant sprayer which we
inherited when we took over the plot ... although if it was they
never used it on the ground as we had some antique weeds growing..

The plot has changed hands a lot though - no one stops long on it
apparently...

So can I still eat the spuds if it's glycowhatsit or other
plantkiller? Is it worth digging them up?

--
http://www.freedeliveryuk.co.uk
http://www.holidayunder100.co.uk