Old 14-06-2009, 05:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore[_2_] Pam Moore[_2_] is offline

Default Mysterious plant ?!?!?!?

On Sun, 14 Jun 2009 11:08:46 +0100, The_Frodster
wrote:

Hello all.....

My next door neighbour has a plant growing which she did not plant
herself, we have both looked in our identification books and I have
trawled through thousands of images on-line but we haven't managed to
identify it.....any help in doing form your good selves would really
make her day !!!

I have attached some photos of both the flowers and the foliage.....the
flowers unfurl, almost fern like in the way they do this.

Thanking you all in advance..... Matt x

|Filename: Mystery Plant - Flowers.jpg |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=11409|
|Filename: Mystery Plant - Foliage.jpg |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=11410|
|Filename: Mystery Plant.jpg |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=11411|

Phacelia tanacetifolia. Sold as a green manure, but who could dig it
in before it flowers. It attracts beneficial insects. Let it seed
about.

Pam in Bristol