Old 15-04-2003, 04:56 PM
Larry Blanchard

Default When to plant up tomatoes?

In article ,
says...
Jim Carter said:

How long should tomato plants be in their starter cells before moving to 4"
pots?

When they are big enough that they look like they hand survive some
handling but before the plants are developed enough to get tangled up.

I think I usually pot my seedlings up when they start developing the second
set of true leaves.

I just start mine in 4" pots. Of course, I only have garden space for 8
tomato plants :-).

--
To announce that there must be no criticism of the president or that we
are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic