Old 14-06-2009, 10:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Mysterious plant ?!?!?!?

"Stephen Wolstenholme" wrote ...
The_Frodster wrote:
My next door neighbour has a plant growing which she did not plant
herself, we have both looked in our identification books and I have
trawled through thousands of images on-line but we haven't managed to
identify it.....any help in doing form your good selves would really
make her day !!!

I have attached some photos of both the flowers and the foliage.....the
flowers unfurl, almost fern like in the way they do this.

It's a scorpion weed. There were fields full of them when I was a kid
but they seem to be less common theses days.

At least we are all agreed on the plant family.

Did you see fields of them in the UK or N.America?

--
Regards
Bob Hobden