Old 15-06-2009, 12:03 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Stephen Wolstenholme Stephen Wolstenholme is offline

Default Mysterious plant ?!?!?!?

On Sun, 14 Jun 2009 22:40:22 +0100, Pam Moore
wrote:

I've never heard of scorpion weed but we are both right Steve!
See http://www.plantpress.com/wildlife/o...orpionweed.php
Another site said that touching it can sting like poison ivy. I've
touched the plant many times and never had any ill effect. I just let
it seed and grow where it wants on the allotment. Any in unsuitable
places go on the compost.
If only it were scented it would be a very desirable garden plant.
The young foliage is attractive too.

It's the name I remember from over 50 years ago when I was very young.
I think it was to make us think the fields were full of scorpions and
stinging plants. All to stop us playing in the farmers fields.

Steve