Old 15-06-2009, 12:37 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pete Stockdale Pete Stockdale is offline

Default Most stupid thing to do?

"David in Normandy" wrote in message
I've got a 500 litre water butt which is very useful, especially when on a
meter; besides it is better for the plants than tap water. I plan to rig
up another some time in the future. We also have an underground water
reservoir that catches something in the region of 3000 litres of rain
water (pure guess) plus a well which comes in handy in the case of a
prolonged drought, but it is a faff rigging up the pump and cables to
reach it.

Were I to be blessed with a well, it would be permanently rigged up with
cable and pump.
Not too much faffing about to do then, before flicking the "water please"
switch !

Regards
Pete
www.thecanalshop.com