Old 15-06-2009, 08:28 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Most stupid thing to do?

In article ,
Bobbie wrote:

Oh I do know that. It doesn't mean I can't get verticillium wilt or
Fusarium wilt but by choosing plants that are not so susceptible, I do
try to avoid it.I don't pretend to cure all or even avoid all but the
methods I use reduce the incidences to a manageable level, without
harming my animals or any that might find their way into the garden.
That is much more important to me than a prize bloom or bumper harvest.

I agree. But my point was that your approach has damn-all to do
with the fact that you haven't had blight.

It MIGHT have something to do with rust reduction, but even that's
pretty implausible.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.