Old 15-06-2009, 09:00 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Fred Fred is offline

Default blackcurrant: brown leaves

Hello,

I have two blackcurrant bushes, different varieties, Ben something
(aren't they all?). Why are they called Ben xxx?

Some leaves are discoloured. I looked through the "fruit expert" book
and the only thing I could find was "leaf scorch" and the cure was a
potash fertilizer. Before I go and buy some, is there anything else it
could be?

The bushes are in a south facing garden and someone has suggested it
is too bright for them. Should I move them into the shade?

Thanks in advance.