Old 15-06-2009, 01:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore[_2_] Pam Moore[_2_] is offline

Default Removing phormiums

On Mon, 15 Jun 2009 12:51:24 +0100, Charlie Pridham
wrote:

In article ,
says...
Has anyone tried removing a phormium? Which is the best way?
How deeply rooted are they?
My daughter has 2 phormiums in her garden which have outgrown their
space. She wants to get rid of them.
Even trying to get a fork in is difficult, so digging them out seems
impossible. She is considering an axe!

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Pam in Bristol

I use a mattock but if you work from the edge in they are quite easy to
deal with piece meal

Thanks Charlie. I'll report later in year!

Pam in Bristol