Old 15-06-2009, 04:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
wafflycat wafflycat is offline

Default Most stupid thing to do?

In message , wafflycat
writes

Sorry, it's one of my nitpicks.. this organic doesn't use chemicals. Apart
from the fact that *everything* is a chemical, organic does allow the use
of certain 'man-made' 'chemicals' I'm all for using the minimum and
whenever possible working with Mother Nature rather than fighting against
her and am against the *reliance* upon 'chemicals' but this blanket "don't
use chemicals' approach is plain wrong.

And it turns out to be a "don't use *some* chemicals". The Soil Assocation
allows some copper compounds, rotenone, sulphur and soft soap.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley

Exactly.