Old 16-06-2009, 08:39 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Most stupid thing to do?

On 2009-06-14 20:26:52 +0100, David in Normandy
said:

snip

Organic gardening is something I aspire towards but haven't quite made
it. snip

Organic gardening doesn't mean no chemicals whatsoever, though. It
means that many are not permitted and that some are. It 'severely
restricts' the use of pesticides - this does not mean a total ban but
strict control.
There is a slightly naive/smug tendency prevailing that promotes the
notion that NO 'treatment' of food crops or others, is allowed. Not
so. This site may give a perspective on the matter:
http://www.pan-uk.org/pestnews/Issue/pn58/pn58p6.htm

Thanks Sacha, Interesting read. At the end of the article it also
mentions the problems of needing to clean all the inorganic fertilisers
and pesticides out of drinking water. That is one reason we don't use
our well. Many wells in Normandy have high concentrations of such
pollutants. We are surrounded by fields and the lowest drain point of
those fields is to our well.

--
David in Normandy.
by a filter and not reach my inbox.