Old 16-06-2009, 09:35 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
mogga mogga is offline

Default A bucket of salty slugs and snails

On Tue, 16 Jun 2009 09:43:35 +0200, David in Normandy
wrote:

Yellow wrote:

And the most votes at my workplace, when I revealed I tended to go on
the hunt after dark, was to just throw them over the fence.....

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned my way of dealing with them. Heel of
the boot applied to them at high speed. They are flat before they know
what has happened to them. Probably less cruel than a slow death in salt
water. Plus the little critters are automatically recycled back into the
garden ecosystem. From cabbages they came, to cabbages they return :-)

My gran used to get us to collect butterflies when we were little. A
jar to put them in and we'd hand it over when we went home. Many years
later I discovered what she did with them.
http://www.freedeliveryuk.co.uk
http://www.holidayunder100.co.uk