Old 16-06-2009, 10:55 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Derek Turner Derek Turner is offline

Default Harvesting potatoes now --- what to do with foliage (fear ofblight)?

On Tue, 16 Jun 2009 10:22:54 +0100, Jonathan Campbell wrote:

I'm lifting early potatoes now; what should I do with the foliage?

Thinking of the compost bin, I'm fearful of blight. There is no evidence
of blight on the foliage, though I have been spraying with Dithane.

And you're going to eat all that fungicide residue? Yuck.

How many Smith periods have you had recently?