Old 16-06-2009, 11:07 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Harvesting potatoes now --- what to do with foliage (fear ofblight)?

Jonathan Campbell wrote:
I'm lifting early potatoes now; what should I do with the foliage?

Thinking of the compost bin, I'm fearful of blight. There is no evidence
of blight on the foliage, though I have been spraying with Dithane.

Best regards,

Jon C.

I always put my potato foliage in the compost and can't say as I've
noticed any problems. There is very little I don't compost. Even long
rooted docks and thistles go into the composters. Nothing much seems to
survive the composting process. I have those open bottomed black plastic
compost bins and they get very hot; especially with a good mix of
materials to compost and some pee to accelerate the process.

--
David in Normandy.
by a filter and not reach my inbox.