Old 16-06-2009, 03:31 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens
Bill who putters Bill who putters is offline

Default Watering

In article ,
"SteveB" wrote:

What is the best way to water? Flood? Spray? Emitters? Combination?
Next year, we will probably have a greenhouse, and can do different things
from ground watering to overhead misting and spraying, and hanging pots.
But for this year, I'd just like to get maximum yield, and learn more about
the process.

Input appreciated.

Steve

I think drip with mulch. I use a drip hose. Cheap and does the job
here. I run about 6 50 foot lines one 100 foot. Got a rain gauge
that transmit info though I usually just look at the plant life for
sadness. This in NJ USA not in drought. However I once mulched real
heavy and the summer was overly wet and it is easy to put on but hard
to take water off.

Bill

--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA