Old 16-06-2009, 05:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Malcolm Malcolm is offline

Default Tooth and claw

Kathy wrote:
While out in the garden today I was looking at some white Love-in-a-mist and
wondering where the hell it had come from. I noticed a tiny spiderling,
sitting proudly in the middle of a minute web. I also noticed a small
damsel fly.

The damsel fly suddenly darted into the web, grabbed the spiderling and then
chose one of the flowers to perch on, where it eat the spiderling.

I have never seen this in real life before. Fascinating!

A friend of mine saw a crow attack a coote chick on a lake. The coote
parents caught the birs an held it under the water until it drowned..In
the same area I have seen coote trying to chase a swan away fron their
young.

Malcolm