Old 16-06-2009, 06:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Garlic

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote...
My aunt has an Indian gardener. She invited me to dig up some garlic
he'd planted, as she thought she had far too much.
I dug up 4. I was expecting it to be in cloves but it isn't. It's like
a small onion.
Should I cut in quarters, squash it in my garlic press, freeze it in ice
cubes trays or what?

That is a sign it didn't get it's cold spell it needs to clove up, so did
he plant it this spring? Should be planted September or early October.
Any of those is OK, whatever way you will use it.
--

I was wrong. It looked like an onion but when I decided to prepare it for
the freezer today once I kept peeling it there were cloves in there!

Tina