Old 16-06-2009, 09:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Climbing mouse or rat

rabc wrote:
Just been informed of my next door neighbour that the other evening they
spotted what they think was a mouse crawling up my outside wall where
too they do not know, do mice or rats climb up walls .....have assured
the missus that i will get some mouse traps, where do i position them
and what bait is best.....CHEERS

They seem to be able to climb walls. We often get them here in Normandy
in the Winter as they sneak in upstairs somehow for some warmth. I
always put mouse bait down. The pinkish looking grains. Seems to do the
trick. Only down side is they may die under the floorboards and smell
for a week or two as they decompose. Mouse traps avoid this situation,
but you may be called upon to "do the deed" if the trap just catches one
by a limb instead of killing it. However, better to catch them. Not only
can they spread disease they can gnaw on electric cables and cause
fires. Look out for the tell-tale mouse droppings and put traps / bait
around there.

--
David in Normandy.
by a filter and not reach my inbox.