Old 17-06-2009, 10:20 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ophelia[_4_] Ophelia[_4_] is offline

Default A bucket of salty slugs and snails

mogga wrote:
On Tue, 16 Jun 2009 23:25:46 +0100, K wrote:

I assume all you slug-hunters know that most of the damage is caused
by one or two species of smaller slug? Most of the slugs eat rotting
vegetation not live stuff, and one or two are purely carnivorous. In
particular, the huge black slugs don't eat live vegetation, neither
do the big yellow ones with grey-green markings.

Well the two huge fat things sat eating my rhubarb leaves looked very
guilty to me.

lol were they trying not to make eye contact