Old 17-06-2009, 08:17 PM
Homer Sparrow Homer Sparrow is offline
Registered User

Location: London

Quote:
Originally Posted by June Hughes View Post
I can't remember
whether or not the pee made the compost smell of ammonia before the
rotting down process has got underway. I assume it doesn't.
June Hughes

It doesn't make the compost smell of ammonia. However, it does make a run-off that is quite agricultural in smell until a few weeks to months after the last addition of urine. I note that this is probably only when there's partially anaerobic activity. Any nasty smell in the finished product is completely neutralised 24 hours after exposure to open air.