Old 17-06-2009, 04:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Slugs - cut nettles ?

On Jun 17, 3:19*pm, June Hughes
wrote:
In message , David in Normandy
writesBertie Doe wrote:
* What is meant by 'composting activator'

It is a source of nitrogen to help feed the bacteria to help then get
established and multiply quickly in the compost. Nettles are a good
source. You can also buy some granules called Garrota. Personally I use
pee which is free and plentiful and does a better job.

We had a similar discussion here many years ago and I can't remember
whether or not the pee made the compost smell of ammonia before the
rotting down process has got underway. *I assume it doesn't. *We also
had a discussion when Jane Ransom was here about the possibility of
ladies peeing on the compost as easily as men. *I wonder where Jane is
these days?
--
June Hughes

I had an email from her last week, she is well and very busy with
other stuff.

Judith