Old 17-06-2009, 09:40 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Ticks?

Not everyone gets the bulls eye pattern or any rash.
There are quit a few false negatives with the test.
At least in dogs one of the first symptoms is painful joints.
It is much better to treat any tick bite like an infection.
Ingrid

On Fri, 12 Jun 2009 04:32:41 -0700 (PDT), Frank wrote:
Your advice is sound.
I once had a bullseye rash but doctor said it was a chigger bite in a
rash area caused by something else
He prescribed antibiotic as well as a Lymes test. When I asked him
why the test and antibiotic since he was sure it was a chigger, he
just said that's the way they do it. Guess it was legal protection
for him.

Somewhere between zone 5 and 6 tucked along the shore of Lake Michigan
on the council grounds of the Fox, Mascouten, Potawatomi, and Winnebago