Old 18-06-2009, 02:07 AM posted to rec.gardens
A[_3_] A[_3_] is offline

Default Ticks?

My tick bite was ~12yrs ago. I vacationed in Northern Minnesota for a
week. A couple days after I was home again I turned just right in the
mirror after a shower and noticed a big red circle about 3inches across.
Would you believe I thought it was a burn from a heating pad?! I feel
stupid now but bullseye to me is rings like in darts or archery. This
was round, red like sunburn, had spider vein streaks going outward from
a teeny tiny centered ulcer with a pus cap on it. I remember I scraped
off the pus cap and used peroxide on it. Years later thanks to Google
Images I realized what it really was. I already knew before I asked the
dr about it that they roll their eyes about tick bites. But they
dutifully tested, test came back inconclusive, it was forwarded to a
state lab, and I never heard from anyone again.
I love Northern Minnesota-why is it that every Eden has a Serpent?!