Old 17-06-2009, 11:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Kate Morgan Kate Morgan is offline

Default snails

The contents of 4 troughs have been gobbled up despite all the usual
tricks to keep the snails off. Is there anything that they don't like, I
am thinking of using plastic flowers :-)

kate

I'm very lucky this year. Perhaps a combination of the cold snap earlier
in the year and the attention to pest-control duties paid by the hens, but
I've got very few this year. This evening's night time slug hunt by
torchlight revealed 2 tiny slugs and 1 tiny snail. Or perhaps the
blighters just knew I was coming and hid

I have never had so many as this year but most are concentrated in one
area, tonight I looked and they were all crawling around on the wall, all
tiny ones, I don't know, goes off to bed scratching head

kate