Old 18-06-2009, 08:44 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bertie Doe Bertie Doe is offline

Default Slugs - cut nettles ?

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from "Bertie Doe" contains these words:

Reference nettles as an activator, would this be fresh nettles or nettles
soaked until they pong a bit?

.I use fresh; the soaked kind REALLY pong.

Janet.

Thanks I'll try both methods, fresh and soaked. My wife is joining in the
nettle fun and yesterday made some nettle and potato soup. Quite nice and
fairly filling, if you like the taste of spinach. The following recipe makes
6 portions, so she used half the ingredients :-
http://www.nettles.org.uk/nettles/ac...nettlesoup.asp
cooks tip : simmer the pots for 10 mins, but only simmer the nettles for 5
mins.
: 1/4 lb of nettles, fills half a s/mkt carrier bag.

Bertie