Old 18-06-2009, 01:42 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Frank Frank is offline

Default To net or not to net??

On Jun 18, 4:19*am, anthony123hopki anthony123hopki.
wrote:
Hi

I have a 3 plot rotation going in my garden. 1 roots, 1 brassica and 1
legumes. I have always had each bed completely protected by netting.
However, I have just thought that having my peas, beans and chilies
protected by netting might prevent them from producing a crop because
insects will not be able to pollinate the flowers. Please could you
confirm this, and which insects pollinate what plants and so I can see
if my netting is too small.

I guess it doesn't matter at all with the roots and brassicas does it?

Thanks.

--
anthony123hopki

Only complete netting I see around here is to protect berries. I use
netting in a few areas for deer but openings are big enough for
insects.