Old 18-06-2009, 10:19 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_4_] Sacha[_4_] is offline

Default Delphinium

On 2009-06-18 10:06:49 +0100, Judith in France
said:

On Jun 18, 12:09*am, "Jon" wrote:
"Judith in France" wrote in messagenews:e46

I had the usual delphinium growing this year. *I have attached 1 pic
sowing the norm and then another showing 1 with 4 separate heads. *I
would love to grow the gorgon, if I save seed will it come true? *Als

some pics of my garden, dog and the new Summer sitting room, all
plants have been grown by me from seed and cuttings.

]http://i44.tinypic.com/zlt0mg.jpg
http://i44.tinypic.com/im04no.jpg
http://i44.tinypic.com/x29nnn.jpg
http://i39.tinypic.com/nxp2lg.jpg
http://i41.tinypic.com/2wd7ynq.jpg
http://i42.tinypic.com/r7vxvp.jpg

Judith

What a beautiful house and garden Judith.

Thank you Jon, now if only someone would help me regarding the
delphinium going to seed???? Help???????????

Judith

I don't know about the seed but it's certainly worth a try. A lot of
the interesting plants around nowadays have come about by just such a
chance. Our Crocosmia Krakatoa was something that crossed with C.
Lucifer and produced an interesting variant quite by accident. I
notice that you have one of those round tables with a 'skirt' and we
have something similar which hides the tv when not in use. I'd love a
tv 'den' but as that is the Nursery office, the skirted table does the
job very well. I love the white petunias in the blue bowl, too. That
particular blue is a great favourite of mine and it looks wonderful in
a sunny spot. You might also like to look out for a surfinia called
'Lime', which is white with a greenish throat. That, too, would look
great in your blue pots and is another I love - it's very elegant and
cooling, too.
http://www.brooksidenursery.co.uk/ek...sur_lime-f.jpg

--
Sacha