Old 18-06-2009, 06:44 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Suzanne D.[_2_] Suzanne D.[_2_] is offline

Default Corn tasseling too early

"Pat" wrote in message
et...

"Suzanne D." wrote

| Okay, so I went out there today and noticed that some of the stalks have
| tassels! Nothing even resembling an ear or silk in sight on any of
these
| plants, and they are still so very tiny.

I don't think you're seeing tassles. They are probably the beginnings of
ears forming.

That would be nice, but would they be right in the middle? I thought ears
grew between the main stalk and the leaves.
--S.