Old 18-06-2009, 06:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pete C[_2_] Pete C[_2_] is offline

Default Watering Lance

Bob Hobden wrote:
Anyone got a recommendation for a quality watering lance that does
the job and won't need constant mending.

I've use Hoselock, Gardenia and Wyvales own brand extendable and they
are all thrown together and come apart on a regular basis. Plastic
push fit onto chrome plated pipes, plastic nuts/connectors not up to
the job, constant leaks, etc. I've had too many plants damaged with
heads that suddenly fly off under pressure.
I liked the idea of the Wyvales own brand, extendable with a head
that can be adjusted through 180° and with any number of spray
patterns but the quality of construction was dreadful and it
constantly needed mending/gluing back together. Now if there was one
similar but made with brass connectors/nuts instead of thin plastic
that would be ideal.

Any good?
http://www.tooled-up.com/ManProduct....78HOZ09(Wk 25)
--