Old 18-06-2009, 06:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_4_] Sacha[_4_] is offline

Default Delphinium

On 2009-06-18 15:16:12 +0100, Judith in France

On 2009-06-18 10:25:30 +0100, Judith in France

On 2009-06-18 10:06:49 +0100, Judith in France
said:

On Jun 18, 12:09*am, "Jon" wrote:
"Judith in France" wrote in messagenew

s:
e46

I had the usual delphinium growing this year. *I have attached 1

pi
sowing the norm and then another showing 1 with 4 separate heads.

*
would love to grow the gorgon, if I save seed will it come true?

*A
ls
some pics of my garden, dog and the new Summer sitting room, all
plants have been grown by me from seed and cuttings.

]http://i44.tinypic.com/zlt0mg.jpg
http://i44.tinypic.com/im04no.jpg
http://i44.tinypic.com/x29nnn.jpg
http://i39.tinypic.com/nxp2lg.jpg
http://i41.tinypic.com/2wd7ynq.jpg
http://i42.tinypic.com/r7vxvp.jpg

Judith

What a beautiful house and garden Judith.

Thank you Jon, now if only someone would help me regarding the
delphinium going to seed???? *Help???????????

Judith

I don't know about the seed but it's certainly worth a try. *A lot o

the interesting plants around nowadays have come about by just such a
chance. *Our Crocosmia Krakatoa was something that crossed with C.
Lucifer and produced an interesting variant quite by accident. *I
notice that you have one of those round tables with a 'skirt' and we
have something similar which hides the tv when not in use. *I'd love

tv 'den' but as that is the Nursery office, the skirted table does the
job very well. *I love the white petunias in the blue bowl, too. *

Tha
particular blue is a great favourite of mine and it looks wonderful in
a sunny spot. *You might also like to look out for a surfinia called
'Lime', which is white with a greenish throat. *That, too, would loo

great in your blue pots and is another I love - it's very elegant and
cooling, too.http://www.brooksidenursery.co.uk/ek...ps/brookside/i

mag
es/sur_li...

--

Bless, I knew you would be able to give some advice. *I think I
already have surfina lime; if you take a look at the entrance to the

Judith

Don't know about advice but it's worth a try! *Yes, those pots on the
edge of the pool do look like Lime - the licence you're thinking of is
Plant Breeder's Rights and it's a sort of patent. *it means that
commercial growers can't start propagating a plant without a licence
from the original breeder. *I don't think they're going to be beating
your door down any day now, though! * Which reminds me that I have
failed on my promise to send you some Nemesia Bluebird - forgot all
about it so I apologise and grovel. *I'll see if we have any left in
9cm pots but I think they're all in 2 litre pots now - what's left -
and a bit big to send to France!
Sachawww.hillhousenursery.com
Shrubs & perennials. Tender & exotics.
South Devon

No, don't you dare the last parcel you sent me cost you an arm and a
leg. I will be in England in a week's time; maybe you could send it
to em there but only if I pay the carriage!!!!!

Judith

None to send, I'm afraid! I went and had a scout around this pm and
all the 9cm pots have sold and Ray wants to hold onto the remaining 2l
ones. I'm sorry, Judith! Do give my memory a nudge next year!