Old 19-06-2009, 12:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Stan The Man Stan The Man is offline

Default Watering Lance

On 2009-06-17 18:34:12 +0100, "Bob Hobden" said:

"Stan The Man" wrote
"Bob Hobden" said:

Anyone got a recommendation for a quality watering lance that does the
job
and won't need constant mending.

Have you tried Hozelock's metal lance with swivelling head? I've been
using one for a year without any problems - and choice of spray patterns
is useful. They also now make a metal spray gun which I have thrice run
over with the Jag with no ill effects. Can't yet vouch for the lance's
ability to repel slow moving traffic...

I did have a Hoselock and the head was last seen flying over the top of our
greenhouse, it let go under water pressure as it was plastic and just a push
fit onto a chrome plated pipe, stupid design. Luckily that time it didn't
destroy my plants, only next doors.

How long ago was this? (See my reply to Pete Stockdale).