Old 19-06-2009, 01:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Biting Gnats

In article ,
says...

Anyone with any idea how to get rid of gnats in the garden? They are
only found in the garden and not found indoors. They are like mosquito
bites, only worse.

--
Moonlight

Planting eucalyptus trees will discorage them, also planting lots of
Lonicera periclymenum around your garden (attracts moths which attract
bats) and put up bat boxes, despite having two large ponds we do not have
a gnat problem and often sit and watch the bats hoovering up any that
venture in. in truth I suspect my lack of Gnats may be as much to do with
the fact that without grappling hooks and anchors it so windy here they
all end up over Wales (sorry wales!)
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk