Old 19-06-2009, 05:16 PM
Bigal Bigal is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by moghouse View Post
On Jun 19, 12:34*pm, Sacha wrote:

*It's very, very good and if lumberjacks use it and find it
effective, that's good enough for me! *;-)

Because we all know if you're a lumberjack you're all right!
The larvae need to get to the surface to breathe. A thin layer of oil on the water will stop them from doing this. Water getting into odd buckets will have to be tipped out, but if you have an open water butt then the oil could be useful. Thinking in terms of oil polution on plants you are going to water then perhaps a vegetable oil would be most suitable. Don't try it on garden ponds - the animal life already in it should soon get rid of any larvae.
Bigal