Old 19-06-2009, 03:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Watering Lance

"Stan The Man" wrote
"Bob Hobden" said:

"Stan The Man" wrote
"Bob Hobden" said:

Anyone got a recommendation for a quality watering lance that does the
job
and won't need constant mending.

Have you tried Hozelock's metal lance with swivelling head? I've been
using one for a year without any problems - and choice of spray patterns
is useful. They also now make a metal spray gun which I have thrice run
over with the Jag with no ill effects. Can't yet vouch for the lance's
ability to repel slow moving traffic...

I did have a Hoselock and the head was last seen flying over the top of
our
greenhouse, it let go under water pressure as it was plastic and just a
push
fit onto a chrome plated pipe, stupid design. Luckily that time it didn't
destroy my plants, only next doors.

How long ago was this? (See my reply to Pete Stockdale).

About two years ago and the ones I've seen in the GCs look virtually the
same to me.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden