Old 15-04-2003, 07:44 PM
mad

Default Filterless ponds

my suggestion is that you run your extension cord inside a pvc pipe you
could paint to match the grass. that way, when you run the lawnmower or the
weed eater you wouldn't accidently cut your cord. you could also, while you
have digging equipment, cut a shallow trench and bury the cord in it's pvc
pipe just under the surface, so that it will be hidden from view. when you
get ready to do the real thing it would be easy to dig up.
just a suggestion...
mad
--
Love is the only thing that can be divided without
being diminished.

From: "BenignVanilla" m
Newsgroups: rec.ponds
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 09:42:25 -0400
Subject: Filterless ponds

"bern muller" wrote in message
snip
I originally wanted to avoid running electricity out to the pond, but then
decided that as long as it worked without electricity, I would make it
"official" policy.

snip

For budgetary reasons, we are going to hold off on our permanent electric
line for Phase I. For now, it will be heavy duty extension cords, carefully
placed. I think I will have budget in the fall to do the power right.

BV.