Old 19-06-2009, 06:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_4_] Sacha[_4_] is offline

Default Biting Gnats

On 2009-06-19 11:46:51 +0100, Martin said:

On Fri, 19 Jun 2009 11:39:36 +0100, "OG" wrote:

"Moonlight" wrote in message

Anyone with any idea how to get rid of gnats in the garden? They are
only found in the garden and not found indoors. They are like mosquito
bites, only worse.

Avon's Skin-So-Soft Bath Oil spray keeps the midges and mozzies off without
using any active chemicals.

One drop of DEET based repellant on your clothing works. How much Avon's
Skin-So-Soft Bath Oil spray do you need to use?

You just use it as you would any skin cream and to be honest, I'd
rather use it than something like DEET, if it's being used on a regular
basis. It's very, very good and if lumberjacks use it and find it
effective, that's good enough for me! ;-)

You don't put DEET on your skin. The armed forces of most countries use it in
the tropics. DEET works. It's one of the few repellants that have been shown to
work in scientific tests. I guess the risk of catching malaria focuses
the mind.

Malaria would focus anyone's mind whereas Lariam has been known to
unfocus it. However - not much risk of malaria in UK. Yet.
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com
Shrubs & perennials. Tender & exotics.
South Devon