Old 15-04-2003, 07:56 PM

Default tall iris?

Nope, not that one either. I know Dietes and its relatives. This has
long straight leaves and the flower stalk grows straight up through
the leave in a very elegant manner. The flowers bloom from the large
bud enclosed at the tip. 3 flowers in sequence then it's over until
next year.

gg

On Tue, 15 Apr 2003 08:38:04 -0700, "Starlord"
wrote:

What you have is what some people call Afican Iris, as it does/did come down
that way in years past. It is used in landscaping as it doesn't need lots of
watering and as you can see can keep on growing even if not taken care of. I've
even seen some of them out here in the High Mojave Desert
(Palmdale/Lancaster/Rosamond) area.