Old 19-06-2009, 10:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Frank Booth Snr[_2_] Frank Booth Snr[_2_] is offline

Default Strawberry harvesting & runners question?

On 19 June, 17:56, Freedom_Spark Freedom_Spark.
wrote:

Thanks very much for the advice! I hope I've understood correctly, the
roots come out of the tops of the runners? Should I pin them down into
the pots right away? Thanks again for being so helpful.

No. It roots underneath the runner where the leaf joins it The bottom
runner is at the stage where it needs to be pinned down now. The upper
one can also be pinned down, but cut of the extension beyond the
little "bract", or you will end up with a second maiden on the same
runner, which you should not allow.